The CHUM (Cross Hole Ultrasonic Monitor) uses the Cross-hole Sonic Logging (CSL) method to perform high-resolution quality control of deep foundations.
The system uses an ultrasonic wave sent from a transmitter to a receiver pulled through water filled access tubes embedded in the concrete. The measured arrival time and energy are strongly dependent on the concrete quality.
Additional methods supported by the CHUM are Single Hole Ultrasonic Testing and Tomography (two- and three-dimensional).
The CHUM is fully compliant to ASTM D6760 – 14, AFNOR NF P 94-160-1 and additional standards
What are the advantages of CHUM?
- Easy to use
“Very, very easy to use…”
- Usually, no training is needed, and the system can be self-taught in hours. (No expensive training days)
- 2D tomography (included).
- 3D tomography provided as a service
- Three alternative tomography methods: Fuzzy logic, Parametric and 3D
- In real-time tomography: the shape of the defects forms as the probes are pulled
- Modular design
- CHUM connects to any PC via the standard USB port. It will connect to future computers (such as Origami) while embedded systems will quickly become outdated.
- See table below explaining why this is so important to you
- All systems pass pressure, vibration and temperature QA tests
- the CHUM case can tolerate drops and shocks
- 3 years warranty
- Rugged connectors, PU cables and details.
“The CHUM operated perfectly in -17°c
- Devoted service
- Free software support and updates (included)
- Analysis, interpretation and reporting assistance (included). We will do/review your first reports to make sure they are up to the highest standards.
- High productivity
- One experienced person tests about 700m of sections per hour!
- Fully automated reports in MSWord format
- The whole system fits into a carry-on luggage. (50m cable drums)
“We just tested 4000m of CSL sections in one day!”
- Unlimited software licenses
- No plugs, no registration, no need to type in long product ID, no “software transfer fees”.
- Install the fully functional software as many times as you need.
Why is CHUM using my computer?
Unlike other systems, CHUM connects to any PC using the USB port, to form a powerful CSL system.
Advantages of this modularity concept:
|My Laptop||Embedded system|
|Always updated||Always outdated|
|Easy, local support||Send remotely (downtime!)|
|Seamless upgrade||Send remotely (downtime!)|
|No data transfer needed||Slow, cumbersome cables and utility|
|Easy to use||learning curve!|
|Less systems to maintain||An additional system to maintain (Higher TCO)|
|Your local language||US English only|
- Save money and start testing with your current laptop. Once the market picks up – get a dedicated tablet PC.